Our Core Values and Beliefs Statement:
The Trumbull High School Community, which engages in an environment conducive to learning, believes that all students will read and write effectively, therefore communicating in an articulate and coherent manner. All students will participate in activities that address problem-solving through critical thinking. Students will use technology as a tool in decision making. We believe that by fostering self-confidence, self-directed and student-centered activities, we will encourage independent thinking and learning. We believe ethical conduct to be paramount in sustaining our welcoming school climate. Click here for rubrics...
- Summer Math Packets
- The June 2013 Issue of the Eagle’s Eye Newspaper is up on our website if you want to check it out!
- Click here to see Dr. Bob Tremaglio's tribute video shown at the faculty and staff retirement party.
- THS Exam Schedule
- Trumbull High School Summer Reading List
Over 600 people recommended books this year. Top recommended books include The Fault in Our Stars, Crank, The Five People You Meet in Heaven and many books by Jodi Picoult. We've organized the list in three different ways, for your convenience.
Summer Reading List
- Graduation Message Regarding Security
For this year’s Graduation Ceremony, we are mandated to make certain security adjustments in conjunction with national level norms. In keeping with these protocols, we are working with the Trumbull Police Department to secure public areas. In that vein, we ask you to be aware that any bags will be subject to search upon entry. We encourage you not to bring backpacks nor coolers to the ceremony as they will not be allowed into the venue. As always, we appreciate the need for you to bring medical emergency bags and infant bags. Other discretionary items should be left at home. In an effort to expedite the ceremony as efficiently as possible and to minimize delays, your cooperation would be most appreciated.
*A reminder that the entire school campus is a smoke-free and alcohol-free campus.
- Parents, family members, friends: Want a great way to congratulate that special Class of 2013 Senior in your life? The THS PTSA will be offering hand delivered balloon grams to our senior class to celebrate their graduation. Please click here to order your balloons today!
- THS Parents and Students:
The Trumbull High School Climate Committee asks that you click on the following link and take this brief survey.
Please answer these questions honestly as we are trying to gather information in order to improve any highlighted areas of concern. Once the results are compiled, Trumbull High School will use this information to improve the climate of the school. We thank you for your comments and appreciate your time.
- Important Attendance Appeals Information:
Due to new circumstances, the date for submitting materials for Attendance Appeals has been changed from June 14 to May 31. Trumbull High School will require completed attendance appeals forms and supplemental documents to be submitted by Friday, May 31, 2013, so as to allow proper determination time to render a decision in June.
- Trumbull High School Administrators
- Security Update
ALL VISITORS MUST HAVE A PHOTO I.D. TO ENTER TRUMBULL HIGH SCHOOL. Entrance and Sign-In takes place at the front of the building only.
- We the People…Project Citizen (a program of the Center for Civil Education in cooperation with the National Conference of State Legislatures and supported by the United States Department of Education) is a Trumbull High School Senior Capstone Project, and is implemented in all levels of the Political Systems classes. Collaborating in small groups, students choose an issue at the local, state, or national level about which they are concerned. Read more...
- Barring any further unforeseen inclement weather days, Graduation for the Class of 2013 will be on
June 20 at 5:45 pm.
- Expectations of the New Attendance Policy –
A Parental Guide
Read the Clarification Points here...
- If you need a replacement student ID card, please bring this completed form with payment of $5 (cash or check) to Mr. Pijar’s office. Make checks payable to “Trumbull High School” and write the name of the student in the memo section.
The goal of the Trumbull High School Connections program is to provide opportunities for students to cultivate stronger relationships with their peers and a faculty mentor. This structured time is designed to encourage students to engage with members of their Connections Group, helping them to develop interpersonal skills, team building and offering opportunities for self reflection. Read more...
- The Driver’s License Road Test is scheduled at Trumbull High School by the Department of Motor Vehicles. Applicants need to have completed all requirements, by the test date, to be eligible. The available dates are as follows:
September 11th and 25th
October 9th and 23rd
Applications for the Road Test are available outside the Continuing Education Office. All paper work must be complete before the appointment can be confirmed. Plan ahead.
- Are you interested in building design and construction?
Join us to find out more about this unique after-school activity. Read the flyer...
- Very Important!
There are several documents that you need regarding the opening of school for the 2012- 2013 school year.
All are pdf documents.
- THS Building Floor Plan
- 2012-2013 THS Student Handbook
- Advisory Assignments
- From Dr. Tremaglio:
To the THS Parent Community
Read the letter...
Read letter #2...
- NCAA Freshman Eligibility Standards
Know the Rules - Quick Reference Sheet
- Notice To Parents:
Please make it a priority to emphasize to your sons and daughters the need of securing and locking their property while on campus. Whether it be in the locker rooms, the cafeteria, or anywhere during the day, students need to be sure that their valuable items are not accessible or visible to “other eyes”. It is advisable that students use their personal locker as much as possible and consider purchasing a combination lock from the Athletic Department for their use in the gym area. Please also be reminded that all electronic 2-way devices are prohibited from use during the school day. In this sense, attention to detail and reinforcing best practices should always be our prime objective.
Similarly, may I request that you communicate a specific message to your students who drive to school that we will be utilizing the police force to aggressively enforce safe driving practices on our campus.
I appreciate your support and attention to these matters. Sincerely,
Dr. Robert Tremaglio
- All students and staff – absolutely no loading or installing of software (programs, utilities, etc) on any Trumbull Public Schools computers and laptops. This is in direct violation of the Internet Security Policy, and consequences will follow for those individuals who do not adhere to the policy.
- Trumbull High School Physical Education Grading Update
* When a freshman student receives a zero, their grade is affected. 3 zeros is equivalent to the loss of a full letter grade.
* When a sophomore/junior student receives a zero, their grade is affected. 2 zeros is equivalent to the loss of a full letter grade.
If your son/daughter exceeds all performance standards, but failed to change into proper fitness attire for 2 (10th/11th) or 3 (9th) physical education classes, they will automatically receive a one letter grade deduction from their current quarter grade.
How students receive 0’s
* Cutting/skipping class = two 0’s
* Unexcused absence = one 0
* Nurse (unless sent home) or guidance office during class = 0
* Inappropriate attire (scantily clad or improper attire prevents students from being able to participate) = one 0
* Inappropriate comments or use of profanity= one zero
* Creating an unsafe environment for self or others = one zero
* Behavior that prevents students and teacher to fulfill class expectations= one zero
* Behavior that is dangerous to self or others= two 0’s
This year, the General Assembly of the State of Connecticut enacted legislation concerning bullying in schools. The new law, which became effective on July 1 of this year, is designed to strengthen anti-bullying policies and procedures in our schools throughout the State. Read more...
Congratulations from ConnCAN! Trumbull High School has ranked on ConnCAN's Top 10 lists for African-American Student Performance, Hispanic Student Performance, and Low-Income Student Performance. Read the letter...
- 367 School Districts Placed on the College Board's 2nd Annual AP District Honor Roll for Significant Gains in Advanced Placement Access and Student Performance.
Read the press release here.
2nd Annual Honor Role pdf file
Consider taking advantage of this free service for SAT/ACT Prep, available through our Naviance Program. Read more...
Students who wish to explore the possibility of playing sports in college need to familiarize themselves with the requirements of NCAA. These students need to be enrolled in courses at the ACP level or higher for each year in order to qualify for consideration of accepted course credits described by the NCAA Clearinghouse. Read more...
- Our new emergency notification system - Alert Now - is up and running! We will utilize this messaging service as needed, but ask that you note the following important details...
To insure our records are complete we ask you to fill out this form and return to your child’s school. Please note: you must check the designated box if you wish to receive text messages on your cell phone.- Alert Now Form
At the May 7, 2013 meeting, the Board of Education approved the following student lunch prices for 2013-2014. These new prices reflect an increase of 20¢ except for breakfast meals at the high school which will remain at $2.00.
Elementary School $2.75
Middle School $2.85
High School $3.00
May 1 - Thespian Induction Ceremony
May 1 & 2 - CTE Testing
May 2 - Band Concert, 7:30 p.m.
May 3 - Sophomore Ring Dance – Four Seasons, 7:00 – 10:30 p.m.
May 4 - SAT’s
May 6-17 - AP Exams
May 7 - PTSA Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
May 9 - PTSA Teacher Appreciation Lunch
May 9 - PTSA Fashion Show
May 13 - PTSA Meeting
May 16 - National Honor Society Induction, 7:00 p.m.
May 18 - Model UN Invitational
May 21 - Student Voter Registration
May 21 - Dress Rehearsal Spring Choral, 5:45 p.m. Concert
May 22 - Spring Choral Concert, 7:30 p.m.
May 22 - Advisory Day
May 23 - Awards Night, 6:30-7:15p.m. underclass, 7:45p.m. seniors
May 23 & 24 - Book Fair
May 27 - Memorial Day
May 29 - Scholarship Night
May 30 - World Language Honor Society, 7:00 p.m.Induction
June 1 - SAT’s
June 3 - ACE Recognition Celebration
June 4 - FFA Awards Ceremony
June 5 - Orchestra/Jazz Ensemble, 10:00 a.m.
June 5 - Spring Sports Banquet, 7:00 p.m.
June 6 - Senior Class Trip – Six Flags New England
June 7 - Senior Breakfast
June 7 - Senior Prom – I.C.C., 7:00 – 11:00 p.m.
June 8 - Post Prom
June 10 - Underclass Yearbook Distribution, after school
June 17 - Post High School Planning Meeting, 8:00 am
June 20 - Graduation Ceremony, 5:45 p.m.
Attention All Tween and Teen Readers!
A new YA book discussion group is forming at the Trumbull Library!- Read the flyer...
PSAT Information for Parents:
As we begin to look forward to next year, I would strongly urge you to sign your student up to take the PSAT exam when they are offered next October. Not only does this score qualify the student for possible National Merit Scholarship, but it also has been proven to have a strong positive correlation to improvement on the actual SAT exam.
- Grade 10 Students and Parents:
What you Should Know About the CAPT Read more...
- Underage Drinking Prevention:
To receive tips and information from the Trumbull Partnership Against Underage Drinking (TPAUD) on how to help your teens live alcohol-free, go to the TPAUD website at www.trumbullps.org/tpaud.htm.
Trumbull Police Department TIPS Line:
- Please click on the Stop & Shop link to see how you can raise funds for THS each time you shop!
- Learn about the Crisis Intervention Program...
- ACE Mentor Program Recruitment Information
- Community Service opportunities...
- Peer Mediation is available to students. Read about the service, learn more about the program and its benefits. Fill out the form to refer someone for mediation, return it to the guidance office,
- Be sure to check the Guidance page for updated important information!
- Are you a college bound Athlete? Be sure to check the Athletics section for important NCAA rules and College planning. Very important for present freshman and sophomores!